Sunday, November 2, 2014

Recipe Round-Up

I know I've been MIA for a while, and what can I say... the school year is in full swing and my time is taken over by other activities, like planning for and teaching my amazing second graders!  I have still been doing a lot of cooking and baking, but haven't been experimenting quite as much as I do in the summer.  Nevertheless, I decided I should share some of the recipes I've tried lately that have gone in the recipe file for repeated use!

Scalloped Potatoes from Just a Pinch: I adjusted this recipe by using Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour.  I also used grass-fed butter.  And PURPLE potatoes!  We get a LOT of potatoes from our CSA during October and November, and I was sick of making roasted potatoes in the oven so I was trying to find a recipe that was new and different.  This fit the bill, and hit the spot.

Smashed Potatoes from Oh She Glows: These are seriously good.  I didn't make the aioli but imagine that it would send these puppies over the top.  Even without it, you won't be able to stop eating them.

Thai Beef Stew from Against All Grain: Recommended to me by my friend Jennifer, this stew was a hearty crowd-pleaser perfect for a cold fall day and a nice alternative to a roast!  I didn't use the jicama, but thew in some mushrooms instead.

The Perfect Fudgy Brownie (Grain-Free and Paleo) from Deliciously Organic: These taste like my long-time favorite Ghirardelli brownies.  And they have no flour in them at all.  I wouldn't recommend eating these every day but as a treat they are fantastic.

No-Bake Pumpkin Tarts from Detoxinista: I love pumpkin pie but had never attempted a "paleo" version before this.  Well, I think it was because I was waiting to find this recipe.  I am in love.  You should make these tonight.

The bloggers who developed these recipes are awesome- check out their websites for more healthy recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment