Saturday, March 16, 2013

Banana Bread Cookies

The first time I made these cookies I ate 3 right when they came out of the oven, and I think I've been eating about 2 a day since then.  I think I need to cut back... but hey, these are full of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats from the bananas, eggs, and coconut, and I feel good when I eat them.  I'm going to keep buying ripe bananas so I can make them every time I run out!  Maybe eventually I'll get tired of eating them and try something new... but not yet.  I don't have much else to say here except for: these are good, you should try them.  


Banana Bread Cookies

Adapted from PaleOMG

1/4 c coconut butter (or any type of natural nut butter would probably work just as well!), warmed to a liquid state (I used Marantha Coconut Butter, which they carry at Kroger)
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 T coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 T cinnamon (or less if you're not a huge cinnamon fan)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, warm coconut butter in microwave on 50% setting, 30 seconds at a time until there are no more solid chunks.  (If you use nut butter, you may not need to microwave it at all).  
3. Add 3 bananas to the coconut butter and beat with electric mixer.  
4. Next, add the eggs and vanilla, beat again until smooth.  
5. Then add coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.  Beat again until smooth.  
6. With large cookie scoop (1/4 c), spoon batter onto baking sheet.  (It should make 10-13 cookies).  
7. Bake 22-25 minutes or until cookies are no longer jiggly.  Let cool on wire rack.  Enjoy!  These are great right out of the oven, refrigerated, or frozen (give them a few minutes before you try to bite in).  

No comments:

Post a Comment